2015 Chamber Gatsby Gala - Join us on Friday, February 6 at the Newly Renovated Minneapolis Boulevard Hotel!
Please Save the Date for our Annual Winter Gala/Silent Auction, which will be held on the Friday, February 6, 2015. The event will be at the Newly Remodeled Minneapolis Boulevard Hotel, Brooklyn Center.
This Special Speakeasy Chamber Gatsby Gala with a Roaring 20s theme will include dinner, silent auction, raffles, and LIVE entertainment. What an awesome marketing opportunity when you consider the networking possibilities during such a unique Evening to Remember. We encourage your creativity in dressing with a 1920s flair but most certainly not required.
LIVE MUSIC brought to you by GIBRALTAR
Gibraltar is a jazz quintet (trumpet, sax, piano, bass, drums) that plays original and Latin jazz. Previous versions of Gibraltar have played for the Fargo Jazz Fest and on the main stage for the Chandler (AZ) Jazz Festival. The current group is made up of professional musicians that have all played with jazz greats and play in multiple groups. Several are recognized as solo artists or band leaders and have recordings of their own. Originals are written by Scott Mounger, founder of the group, and feature melodies that make the music enjoyable even for non-jazz listeners. Latin tunes include those by Paquito D’Rivera, Freddie Hubbard, Mongo Santamaria, and others.
Laura Caviani – Piano
Geoff Brennan – Bass
Nathan Norman – Drums
Pete Whitman – Saxophones
Scott Mounger – Trumpet/Flugelhorn
This event has been a very successful marketing tool for participants, while raising money for various Chamber programs such as Star Student, and Student Scholarships. Other excellent programs presented by the chamber that benefit from the proceeds of this event are business development, professional development, networking, and community betterment programs. You can help us have yet another successful event by deciding to market your company by providing an auction item, participating as a sponsor and volunteer. We are looking for a variety of auction items and various levels of sponsorships! (Sponsorships, Contributions, or Gifts to the North Hennepin Area Chamber of Commerce are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes, but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expenses.)
All participating businesses will be promoted several ways:
- Gala Program/Auction Catalog
- North Hennepin Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter
- Chamber website (www.nhachamber.com)
Suggested item categories:
- Art or supplies
- Restaurant/Lodging/Entertainment: concerts, theatre tickets, movies, bowling, golf, etc.
- Sporting equipment or supplies
- Travel: use of cabin/vacation homes/frequent flyer mile certificates
- Household or business related furniture, appliances, supplies, or business services gift certificates
- Items for men, women, children, toddlers, and babies
- Lawn & garden equipment or supplies
- Automotive/recreational vehicles, services, or supplies
- Any items solicited from friends; businesses, vendors, or clients.
- Cash donations of $25 or more may be used to purchase additional items.